Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Monday 2nd July

Today I head into work, the weather now is very changable and the rain can be quite heavy at times. To be fair it mainly rains overnight. The temperatures during the day are around 14 to 16 degrees. When the sun is out it is really nice.

I go to HSBC to sort out the mortgage, or basically can I get one. The meeting goes really well and all seems very positive. I am given the application form to fill out and he cannot see any reason why we won't be accepted.

Kerry was planning to go to Pakenham tomorrow to pay the $1000 holding fee which will secure the land until the contracts are exchanged. We also need to get them to complete their part of the FIRB application form (Foreign Investment Review Board, this is the form to ask for permission to buy property). I need a clause entered into the contract which I have to send with the form stating that this is subject to FIRB approval. The approval takes approx 30 days.

I call Kerry with the news and find out that Lauren (she is on school holiday now) has been round a friends house and have been upstairs playing hairdressers. You guessed it Laurens hair has been cut about quite badly. Kerry sounds really angry. I leave early to get home, I don't blame Lauren, this is what kids do. Lauren is very quiet in the car back from the train station and I could see Kerry was still very angry. Kayla however was only to happy to let me know about Laurens hair. I said I knew and Kayla asked if I was angry with Lauren. I said I was angry that it had happened but not angry with Lauren. When we got home I took Lauren aside and gave her a hug. She was really upset as she loved her long hair.

Kerry had booked her into the hairdressers for tomorrow but a lot will need to come off. Maybe as much as 8 inches. I have a word with Kerry and tell her to back off of Lauren as she is only a child and really didn't understand the consequences of what was happenening at the time.

Kerry cancels her trip to Pakenham tomorrow for Laurens hair.

No comments: