Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Flight

Eventually after waiting around the airport it was time to board the flight. The girls were very excited. They were really well behaved, even after being in queue after queue whilst getting through all the security checks. Evetually we boarded the plane. We had got 4 seats together so we sat Lauren and Kayla in between us. Luckily as it had been a long day they both feel asleep pretty much straight away.

The food was very good for airline food. The girls and Kerry were all fast asleep so they missed theirs. I couldn't get any sleep as Lauren decided daddy was far more comfortable to go to sleep on and slept right across me and trapping my arm thus stopping me from getting any sleep and making my arm go dead. Kayla on the other hand was quite content to sleep on her seat so Kerry managed to get a few hours on the flight to Singapore.

Once Lauren woke up I thought I might be able to get a bit of sleep...wrong she wanted me and then Kayla and then Kerry to show them all how the inflight entertainment worked. Oh well nearly at Sinapore....Breakfast was then served. Not the best but ok. Although Lauren got a bit stuck in her throat and threw up. The stewardesses were very nice... they also helped me clear up the mess. We had some spare clothes for the girls so I changed Lauren but we had no spare trousers for her. We will get some in Singapore.....

We arrived in Singapore but could find no shops which sold childs clothes. So we cleaned Laurens up as best we could. Only in Singapore for 3 hours so quickly back on the plane ad then a pretty uneventful 6 hour flight to Melbourne. The Girls and Kerry slept pretty much all of the flight while I still had a dead arm with Lauren lying on me. I must have extra padding I think. Anyway I did at least manage to get an ours sleep.

No comments: