Monday, June 18, 2007

More Interviews

Thursday and Friday are taken by doing more interviews. Deborah accidently leaves the rates on the resume so I see what the guys are asking.

They all are asking for more than what I am on but as I say to Deborah, I negotiated what I wanted and am quite happy with what I get. She seemed relieved that I won't say anything to anyone about what these guys are asking.

Deborah has been promoted from the team leader position to become the new manager of the EBR (Enterprise Backup and Recovery team) and everyone is being asked whether they would be interested in the team leader position. I mention that my priority is to get permanent residency which means basically being sponsored for a permanent role which would then give me pr. I also mention that it is a role that could interest me if I got a permanent role.

Again I am amazed that these guy are not very good technically. All apart from one guy in the Phillipines who stands out head and shoulders above anyone else. Deborah will make him an offer.

At home I get my TFN so I am now able to open a Superannuation account. At last, Maya a girl in the bank is really helpful and cannot do enough for me. To be honest she talks more about her pending trip to London than my super account but it all gets sorted quite quickly.

The weekend arrives, Lauren and Kayla have been missing their night lights so we go out to get those and an adapter so we can plug in our toothbrush as it has nearly died.

We enter an electrical shop and get the nightlight and adapter, the girls and Kerry (honest) go over to the Hi-fi's and then the TV's as we need to get both really. Kerry has her eye on a TV and it is on offer as it is the last one in stock, it is a 50" plasma. One thing we have found is that you can negotiate the prices on anything. The young lad comes over and tries to move us towards a more expensive TV but Kerry likes the Samsung which is reduced as it is the display model.

We need the stand too so I ask about what deals they can do for us with the TV stand and Cinema surround sound system. The girls have wandered off and are watching Chicken Little on another TV. We manage to get around $300 knocked off and then Kerry say if you throw in the Chicken Little DVD then we will buy it but we are not prepared to pay for delivery. So we get the DVD thrown in and the delivery costs knocked off as well. Not bad and we will get the TV and stand on Wednesday.

We then go to a park in the afternoon to have some fun with the girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Rob!! We are watching the blog y'know. You and the family sound like you're coping. Can you borrow a digi camera from someone and post a few snaps? Gordon :o)