Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time is going so fast...

The last two days at work have flown by. We have at last sorted the bank account out, although we have the details we haven't the cards we can use to withdraw money or pay for anything.

Lauren has finished her first few days at school. She has settled really well and at the end of Friday is awarded the student of the week as she has settled so well. (We think it's more to make her feel settled in the school). We have handed over all her school work from her school in the UK. She appears to be way in advance of the other children, probably because she has been at school nearly a year longer than the others in her class.

Kerry is looking around for nursery's for Kayla, or as they are called here Kindergardens. They all seem to be more like places to leave children rather than educational places. Kerry manages to find one which looks like it may be ok. Kerry arranges a viewing for next week.

Kerry also finds out about our driving licences and where we need to go. It is all done at a company called Vic Roads. I call them and make an appointment for Kerry and I to get our Victoria driving Licences. This will be Tuesday morning. Again I ask Deborah if it is ok to come in late and again she is very happy to let me come in late.

I go round Robs house to try and access my e-mail folders. On the way over I see all police lights all over the place and road blocks in place. It is a spot check for drink and drugs driving. I get waved through, ok and am not stopped. In the middle of the road they have parked a mobile caravan which is where the drivers are taken to be tested. All a bit daunting when you are not expecting it.

I arrive at Robs and we try his pc with Outlook on. It can't read my DVD (my laptop at work could). It just couldn't browse past the first couple of directories. So we go to another pc. This one doesn't work either. So we get Robs work laptop, cut a CD and copy the files over and then try and load them. No joy, it is not recognising the files as outlook files. After a couple of hours we give up. Look up pickfords on the net and phone them to try and get hold of the person who was dealing the UK side. I leave a message on her answerphone to e-mail me so I can send her my details. What a nightmare.

Anyway Rob gives us some old office chairs for something to sit on instead of the hard floor and I return home. Now it is raining and when I pass the raod block again going home the police are all inside the caravan staying dry and not bothering stopping anyone.

No comments: