Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mon 14th May

It's now Monday of our second week. I feel we have done ok so far. We have got a place to live and sorted the car. The two main things sorted.
At lunchtime we decide to go into the bank to open an account. We are given an appointment for tomorrow at 12.00.

I manage to fax over the the Ford dealership the details of our visa's etc (you need to prove on everything that you are here legitimately, which is a good thing).

At work I am asked by Deborah if I wouldn't mind helping out with an interview IBM are conducing.

I have 10 mins to review the resume and in we go. Luckily Angus has taught me well :-) and it all goes very well. I am not impressed with the technical ability and give the chap the thumbs down.

I leave off and look at the night sky. The weather has been so good for the first week and I am thinking this is ok, I can go with this. I get back to the hotel to find Kerry has sorted the school for Lauren and as soon as the forms are filled in and the uniform got she can start straight away.
Only Kayla and Kerry to sort now :-)

We have an early night as we have a busy day tomorrow moving out of the hotel and into the house.

No comments: