Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tue 15th May - Moving Day

We get up and I rush to get ready. We pack the cases up and make sure everything is all packed away. I go to reception and they collect the car for us while I go back up to collect all the cases and assorted bags and toys.

With the help of the porter the car is packed. It is full from back to front. Even the front passanger seat is full with stuff. I then check out and pay the bill.

I then leave off for work and leave Kerry to go to the agency to collect the keys and move in. On the way to work I am called by the people delivering the fridge and washing machine. They will be at the house before 9. I call Kerry and let her know, she panics and gets in a bit of a flap and I call Tasha, as we are supposed to collect the keys at 10. I manage to delay the delivery by half an hour arrange Kerry and Tasha to meet at the house and all is calm again. I get a call from Kerry saying they couldn't install the washer as there was no hot water tap for it to connect to and the pipe wouldn't fit through the hole anyway. She was getting a bit stressed to say the least.

I tell her not to worry I'll have a look tonight and sort it. Kerry then pops off to buy the school stuff for Lauren. I get home and have a look at the washer. There is a hot water connection but the hole in the cupboard to fit the pipes through is too small. I just tell Kerry we will ask if we can make it bigger and sort it. No problem.

I am the told the air conditioning has not yet been connected and they are doing that tomorrow. No problem I though. We then had dinner on the floor and waited for the matresses and bedding to arrive. It was due around 6 ish. At 7 (the girls bed time) it still had not arrived. We plan how on earth we are going to sleep tonight as the shop has obviously closed so had no way of contacting them. By half 7 we decide to bath the girls and have decided to use clothes as a temporary matress and we would all stay together to keep warm. Luckily the temperatures were still around the 19 degree mark.

Today we had quite a few spells of rain, the first since we arrived. It was quite heavy and there seemed to be a huge relief around everyone as this was the heaviest rain they had had for quite a few years.

As Kerry is bathing the girls I decide to go and have a look up the road to see if the delivery guy s about. I see a van parked up the road and all of a sudden my mobile rings. It is the delivery guy and he is in the van parked up the road. In the dark he couldn't see the house numbers and with the rain, the roads were really greasy and he had to be careful. He was really appologetic but to be honest I was just so relieved to see him.

I quickly made the beds up and we all went to bed in our new house.

No comments: