Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Thursday 10th May

We wake up to another sunny day. Every day so far has been the same 21degrees and sunny. Not to bad for autumn.

I get to work and look out over the bay from the window. The views are fantastic. Thinking back to Bowthorpe and SS2, it seems so long ago. The environments may be so different but the work is the same wherever you are.

I then set about faxing Tasha the form. We are in pretty much constant touch all day via e-mail and phone. Our house in UK is still not sold and I am asked about it. Once Tasha has seen the house for sale and spoken to my agency, who I work through, the house is pretty much tied up. The owner has given his approval and we just need to pop in and sign the lease agreement.

The owner has agreed to let us have the house on the Tuesday. So Kerry runs down and extends the hotel so we leave on the Tuesday morning. The Staff at the hotel are being really good as well and have been helping us sorting things out etc.

Again I speak to Deborah about coming in late the next morning and she is really good about it. She says she understands and that it is better to do it now while I am still awaiting all my access so it is no problem.

I have been helping Kathrine - a young aussie girl who seems to be very unsure of herself. She has been in storage for 18 months. I take her through a few things and help her out a bit. I also sort out the access forms, fill them all in and just hand them to Deborah to sign. I was a bit worried when she asked how I had come by these forms and how I had got all the info. Still she seemed happy enough to sign them.

Security e-mailed me and I was called to have my photo taken for my pass. At last I may be able to get out from the toilets on my own....

I feel a lot happier today. I feel with sorting somewhere to live that is a big step forward. The hotel cost will be gone. The other large bill we have at the moment is the hire car. We have that till Sunday. We may need to extend that too. Still a good day and we set the alarm early for tomorrow as we need to be in Doncaster for 8.30 to sign the lease....

No comments: